Nonprofit Sustainability: Pursuing Diversified Funding Sources
Time & Location
About The Event
Ingrid Alvarado [bio]
Simon Spadaro-Bliss [bio]
In this session, participants will learn how to strategically diversify their funding sources to secure the financial health and sustainability of their organizations.
New Orleans' nonprofits are experiencing unprecedented uncertainty in funding as a result of state budget cuts, a significant reduction in post-Katrina philanthropic dollars, and an influx of new nonprofits scrambling for the same funds. The most sustainable nonprofits recognize the need to diversify their funding sources. This session explores how to expand and sustain diversified support from the following funding sources: local foundations, national foundations, earned revenue, annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and government funding. During this comprehensive overview, participants will learn the characteristics of and approach for each funding source. Participants will leave with three SMART goals and a customized strategy for diversification to ensure the financial health of their nonprofits.
Nonprofit Sustainability is right for you if you are:
- An executive director, president, or leader of a nonprofit.
- A fund development director or manager.
- A board member or supporter invested in the financial health of a nonprofit.
- Depending on only two or three funding sources.
- Responsible for the future and financial sustainability of a nonprofit.
- Planning on pursuing funding opportunities that are not in your current base of support.
- Fundraising Fundamentals$99$990$0